Site McGill University
3755 Ch de la Cote-Sainte-Catherine,
Montréal QC H3T 1E2
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the unit/department. Establishes priorities and schedules of projects. Participates in the development and implementation of projects, work methods and procedures. Recommends procedural changes to improve unit efficiency, including recommendations on staff requirements. Follows up on and ensures appropriate implementation of decisions made by supervisor.
- Acts as resource person regarding the unit’s policies and procedures. Resolves complex problems within area of responsibility. Consults relevant documentation and liaises with appropriate resource persons to obtain and provide information on diverse and complex issues.
- Maintains supervisor’s agenda. Sets up appointments, reminds supervisor of appointments and organizes schedule according to priorities.
- Maintains personnel files and completes documentation for payment, postings, appointments, promotions, nominations, sabbatical leaves, absences, and other administrative forms. Explains procedures to follow. Ensures that deadlines are met.
- Updates, prepares and coordinates publication of documents such as publicity brochures, departmental handbooks, and annual reports. Drafts correspondence and other short documents of a complex nature. Formats documents and edits for grammar, spelling and accuracy. Takes notes and types various documents such as correspondence, reports, memos. Signs certain documents.
- Schedules special meetings, contacts participants, prepares relevant documentation and books meeting rooms. Assists with preparation of agenda. Attends meetings, takes minutes, and follows up on decisions within area of responsibility
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now
Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
Four (4) years' related experience.
Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team. Must be able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and discretion at all times. Proven experience dealing with a variety of high-profile external and internal clients; ability to build constructive and effective relationships and deal effectively and diplomatically in delicate situations. Proven experience with administering complex, multi-faceted
agendas. Must be able to prioritize multiple requests, including the ability to conduct comprehensive evaluation of issues, to determine priorities and meet deadlines. Attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to resolve problems. Excellent organizational skills, efficient follow-up tools and effective communication skills; proven ability to compose, proofread and edit correspondence and reports using appropriate spelling, grammar and punctuation. Proven flexibility in order to adapt to frequent changes and demands. Demonstrated Senior Administrative Coordinator (CP0353, PED169, Level 11)ability to take minutes at meetings and assemble agendas. Proven ability to work in a PC environment using word-processing software, spreadsheets, presentations, databases and perform web page updates. English and French spoken and written.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter www.mcgill.ca.